Machu Picchu Adventure, Inca Heritage
- The beautiful Lost City of the Incas is perched high among mist-shrouded mountains.
- Machu Picchu is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of New Seven Wonders of the World.
Steeped in mystery, straddling two mountains and shrouded in clouds, Machu Picchu (Old Peak in the Quechua language) will sweep you into the world of Inca legend. Revered from pre-Inca times as a sacred site, the Incas built one of the most extraordinary cities of the ancient world on Machu Picchu, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site and also one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
A ‘symphony in stone’, Machu Picchu said to have been a secret ceremonial city of the Incas, totally self-contained and completely invisible from below. Located 2000 feet above the Urubamba river, the ruins have beautiful terraces, ceremonial baths, palaces, temples and tombs, and some 150 houses! The carved rock pillar of Intihuatana (Hitching Post of the Sun) is particularly impressive and stands testimony to the Incas’ significant astronomical skills.
No trip to Peru can be complete without visiting Machu Picchu and carrying back memories for a lifetime
Machu Picchu Adventure, Inca Heritage Includes:
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Pick-up and drop-off at the Cusco railway stations in an air-conditioned vehicle with driver only
- Experienced bilingual (English/Spanish) tour guide for the tour of ruins (guide does not accompany you during the train journey)
- Coach tour: Cusco-Machu Picchu-Cusco train journey by the Vistadome train
- Private tour: Cusco-Machu Picchu-Cusco train journey by the Vistadome train with panoramic windows
- Entrance fee
- Refreshments on the train
- Optional hikes